Mark your calendars for the National Suffolk Sale in conjunction with the Midwest Stud Ram Sale. Here’s a few activities & events you may want to attend:
Wednesday, June 26
Suffolk Breeding Sheep Show – Swine Barn, South Ring (following Hampshires)
Thursday, June 27
Informational Meeting for USSA members – 8am, Dr. Taylor Woods Reception Hall
Suffolk Wether Sire & Dam Show – Swine Barn (following club lambs & Hampshires)
Root Beer Float Suffolk Member Meet & Greet – 7-10pm Suffolk Pens – hosted by Suffolk Enthusiasts
Friday, June 28
Donuts & Drinks (Swine Barn) – prior to Suffolk Sale
National Suffolk Sale (Breeding Sheep) – Swine Barn (following Hampshires)
Saturday, June 29
National Suffolk Sale (Wether Sires & Dams) – Swine Barn (following Club Lambs & Hampshires)
To view the full Midwest Stud Ram Sale schedule: www.midwestsale.com
Ram lambs for sale:
Blue Spruce Suffolks 194 RR/NN “Biff”
Sire: Russell Sheep Company 8525
Dam: Russell Sheep Company 7032
Twin born 1/16/19. $400
Blue Spruce Suffolks 1930 RR/NN “ Big Ben”
Sire: Russell Sheep Company 8509
Dam: Kimm 11091-17225
Single born 2/2/19. $500
The Kimm Dam was the high selling ewe lamb & also had the largest loin eye in Bob’s 2016 sale. Both ram lambs are heavy muscled, structurally correct, & good on their feet and legs. Both Russell sires and the Russell Dam go back to Tom Slack genetics.
Blue Spruce Suffolks, Deb & Jeff Bollinger, PA
717-799-2282 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Yearling Ram, RRNN. Just as picture shows, this ram is correct everywhere. Great top and tail set, depth of body, feet and legs. Sire is Prairie Rose BlackFoot, and damn is Huepel-VanArkle broodlines. Ram is a young yearling, being born first part of April 2018, so still has a lot of growth left in him. He bred a few ewes last October, and both his ewe lambs are keepers.
Craig Fetter, Iowa
641-414-1979 or email@example.com
USSA Director Elections
There will be a director opening in all four USSA districts. District 3 will have two openings. If you or a USSA member you know would like to be a candidate for the upcoming USSA Directors elections, here’s a brief overview of your next steps:
- Submit a letter of intent declaring that you are willing to be a candidate for the 2019 USSA Board of Directors Election. Letters of intent are due in the USSA Office by August 1, 2019. The letter must be faxed, emailed or mailed to the USSA Office, PO Box 121, Holland, IA 50642. Letters of intent submitted through mail must be postmarked by the deadline date. Phone calls are not acceptable.
- Within one week of the deadline, candidates must submit a brief personal bio as well as a photo to the USSA Office. The personal bio should be approximately one-half of an 8 ½ x 11 page. The content of candidate bios should discuss the candidate’s qualifications, reasons they feel they are a good director candidate and any thoughts/ideas they may have on improving the association and Suffolk breed. Candidates who do not submit a personal bio and photo will only have their name listed on the election ballot.
“WHITE HOT” is working for us. He was Res. Champion ram at Sedalia in 2018. He is continuing to give us our best lambs ever. We have three very good rams for sale from him.
– ROYER FARM 952 was reserve Grand Champion at the All American Jr. Show. I have been told that I should hold him for Sedalia next year, but he is for sale to you, now!
– ROYER FARM 953 stood right behind 952 at the All American and was a member of best pair of rams. He stood ahead of 952 at the Illinois Preview Show!
– ROYER FARM 961 this February lamb has not been shown, but he is a good one.
All of these rams are very correct, fast growing, and heavy boned. I am going to use one of them in my breeding program next year. Not sure which one. They are all for sale (half interest or full interest) or for lease.
Contact Bill Royer (Royer Farm)
The Western National Suffolk Sale was held May 30-June 1 in Sparks, NV.
Click Here to View Catalog & Sale Results
Eastern National Suffolk Sale was held May 9-11 in Eaton, Ohio.
View Catalog Here
View Sale Results Here
Two year old ram for sale. Van Dyke 17-7106 who was sired by Red 3356-the ram on the front cover of the April issue of the Banner magazine. His lambs look great, and this ram will not disappoint you. His dam is a Touchdown daughter.
Saddle Creek Suffolks, South Dakota
Registered Suffolk ram and ewe lambs. February born and most are RR. They are very correct, strong tops, square docks, fast growing and up on their toes. Show quality. They start at $750. We also have a Yearling ram sired by Ruby Mountain 1721 “Top Shelf”. Top Shelf was the overall Grand Champion Suffolk Ram at the Iowa State Fair in 2017. He is a proven sire as we used him last year and have several outstanding lambs by him on the ground this year. Stewart Family Suffolk, Newton, IA
Randy 641 521-5115 or Barb 641 521-7981
Purchased at the 2017 sale. Lot # 17015. Good growth,length, and scans. $600.00
Ken Holstein, Blair NE
402-426-5258 or Kholstein@abbnebraska.com